As per the data released by the National Kidney Foundation, around 30 million people in the United States suffer from kidney disease and many more are at risk of developing it. Diabetes is one of the leading causes of kidney disease. One important question that we must ask ourselves is- how to protect kidneys from diabetes. In this blog post, we will explore various ways in which we can avoid kidney disease. From early detection to treatment and more, read on to learn more about how you can keep your kidneys healthy and safe.
How Does Diabetes Affect the Kidneys?
When diabetes affects the kidneys, it can damage both the structure and function of these vital organs. Diabetic nephropathy is the leading cause of kidney failure in the United States, and people with diabetes are also at an increased risk for developing other serious kidney diseases.
The kidneys play an important role in filtering waste products from the blood and maintaining fluid balance in the body. When diabetes damages the kidneys, they are unable to effectively do their job. This can lead to a build-up of toxins in the blood and may eventually lead to kidney failure.
There are several things that people with diabetes can do to help protect their kidneys from further damage. Managing blood sugar levels through diet, exercise, and medication is essential. People with diabetes should also have their urine checked regularly for protein or blood, as this can be an early sign of kidney damage. If caught early, diabetic nephropathy can often be treated successfully with medications that can slow or even halt its progression.
What are The Symptoms of Kidney Disease?
The symptoms of kidney disease can be difficult to identify early on, as they may not appear until the disease has progressed. However, some common symptoms include fatigue, trouble urinating, and swellings in the feet or ankles. If you experience any of these symptoms, it is important to see a doctor so that the cause can be determined and treatment can be started if necessary.
5 Foods to Avoid for Kidney Health
There are certain foods that can be harmful to your kidneys if you have diabetes. Here are 5 foods to avoid for kidney health:
1. Processed meats – These are meats that have been treated with chemicals and preservatives. They can be high in sodium and phosphorus, which can put a strain on your kidneys.
2. Refined carbohydrates – Foods like white bread, pasta, and cookies are made with refined carbs. These foods can raise your blood sugar levels and cause damage to your kidneys over time.
3. Trans fats – Trans fats are found in processed foods and fried foods. They can increase your risk of developing heart disease, which can also put a strain on your kidneys.
4. Sugary drinks – Sodas, energy drinks, and fruit juices can all be high in sugar. Drinking too many of these beverages can lead to weight gain and diabetes, both of which can damage your kidneys.
5. Alcohol – Drinking alcohol excessively can lead to dehydration and high blood pressure. This combination is dangerous for your kidneys and can eventually lead to kidney failure.
How Can You Prevent Kidney Disease?
Kidney disease is a serious complication of diabetes, and it can be difficult to prevent. However, there are some things you can do to lower your risk.
First, keep your blood sugar under control. This will help reduce the amount of damage to your kidneys. Second, keep your blood pressure under control. High blood pressure can damage your kidneys over time. Third, stay away from tobacco products. Smoking and using other tobacco products can damage your kidneys and lead to kidney disease. Fourth, eat a healthy diet. A healthy diet can help you maintain a healthy weight, which is important for keeping your kidneys healthy. Fifth, exercise regularly. Exercise can help you control your blood sugar and blood pressure, and it can also help you lose weight if you need to. Sixth, see your doctor regularly. Your doctor can check for signs of kidney disease and take steps to prevent it from getting worse.
If you have diabetes, take steps to protect your kidneys today!
How to Protect Kidneys Naturally?
There are a few things you can do to protect your kidneys from diabetes:
1. Keep your blood sugar levels in check. If you have diabetes, it’s important to keep your blood sugar levels under control. High blood sugar levels can damage your kidneys.
2. Eat a healthy diet. Eating a healthy diet can help you keep your blood sugar levels in check and also protect your kidneys from other problems such as high blood pressure.
3. Exercise regularly. Exercise can help you control your blood sugar levels and also protect your kidneys from other problems such as high blood pressure.
4. Don’t smoke. Smoking cigarettes is one of the worst things you can do for your kidneys (or any other part of your body, for that matter). If you have diabetes, quitting smoking is one of the best things you can do to improve your health and protect your kidneys.
The US is home to a variety of great cities that provide excellent living conditions. Whether you’re looking for a bustling metropolis, a small town with quaint charm, or something in between, there’s sure to be one of the ten best cities in the US that suits your needs and preferences. With our list as your guide, we hope you will find it easier to make an informed decision about where to move before 2022 arrives. Good luck with finding your dream city!